Table of contents for Total Noob Beginners Fishing Guide
- The Fishing Rod: Parts & Terms
- The Fishing Reel: Types of Fishing Reels
- Terminal Tackle: All the Stuff on the Other End Your Rod
- Fishing With Live Bait
- Fishing With Prepared Baits
- Types of Fishing Lures
- Fish Anatomy
- Understanding Fish Senses
- Which Rod and Reel Should I Buy? – Your First Fishing Rod & Reel
- Two Knots You Absolutely Need to Know
- How to Assemble a Spinning Reel and Rod
- How to Load Line on a Spinning Reel
- How to Set the Drag on a Spinning Reel
- How to Cast Your Spinning Rod
- How to Find Fish
- How to Play and Land a Fish
- How to Keep and Clean Your Fish
STEP 1: Assemble the rod sections
If your rod is a one piece, move on to step two. Putting the rod sections together properly, extends the life of your rod.
Inspect the both ferrules for dirt and debris that might scratch your rod blank and weaken it. Keep those ferrules clean. Use a cotton swab to clean out the female ferrule if you see dirt.
- Bring the ferrules together at a 45Â° angle, push them together while twisting to align the guides. *Do not push or pull by the guides, you will weaken or break them.
STEP 2: Attach the reel
- Place the foot of the reel in the reel seat.
- Secure the reel seat hood over the foot, by screwing the hood up or down. *Do not over tighten, you could crack the reel seat.
STEP 3: Thread the line under the line roller and through ALL the guides.
One of the most common mistakes beginners make is forgetting a guide. Begin with the butt guide and end with the tip top. Double check you got every guide.
STEP 4: Tie on your hook, lure, or practice plug
If you don’t know what knot to use, let me introduce you to the improved clinch knot.
All done. The only thing to do now is set the drag properly and you are ready to cast.
If you enjoyed this post subscribe now to get free updates by email or RSS.
Hot Technique Alert: Have you ever heard of the fly and bubble technique? It’s an awesome and versatile fishing tactic that every spin fisherman should know… read about here.Print This Post